Are you sure, your ice machine is working fine? If no, then you need to get it fixed as quickly as possible. Remember, your customer’s health is directly proportional to the maintenance of your ice making machine. Regardless of where it is being used, it needs regular cleaning as it may be a home to bacteria, molds, and scale. Getting your ice making machine cleaned frequently should be a part of your regular maintenance in your office. In fact, it does not just protect the health of the customer alone, it also increases the life expectancy of the machine and produces good quality ice which does not taste awful.
The need for cleaning and maintaining your ice machine and ice bins:
- To ensure the machine works properly, regular cleaning is essential.
- If scaling is what you see in the ice machine, chances are that it is a hub for health problem causing bacteria.
- Apart from refrigeration, ice machine needs a series of connected machinery to work such as; pumps, valves, and sensors.
Are you doing the following things to ensure your ice making machine is bacteria free?
During the summer months, a customer is looking for fresh and a tastier ice. If that is what you are not delivering then you may end up losing your client. Also, make certain that it is that time of the year where a lot of ice is required. Therefore, it makes it even more important to produce fresh and safe ice in a commercial ice maker which itself is clean and maintained properly.
- At the end of the day, dispose of the remaining; unused ice.
- Use hot water to clean the bin.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe off the inner area. Also, use a sanitizer.
- Use the sanitizer recommended by the chemical company or a professional.
- Clean the exteriors too.
- Do not store anything and everything in the ice making machine like food, cans or bottles.
- Do not keep the ice scoops inside the ice bin and do not forget to wash these daily.
- Do not touch ice without gloves.
- Do not put the unused ice back into the ice bin.
If cleaning of ice machines are not done after regular intervals, you may not be able to match up to the demand during the season time. Even the wear and tear of the machinery starts to happen quickly.
Replacing parts should be a mandatory process of maintenance:
The parts that are not working well need to be changed in time to make certain the machine does not go out of order and its life expectancy does not suffer. Any professional who deals with ice making machine, advises changing the filter after every six months. The following parts need replacement after a fixed interval of time. Therefore, do not make your business suffer just because of your negligence.
- Water filters
- Ice scoops
- Water Hoses
Your customer will be happy only if you serve them the hygienic ice they expect for.